Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Arts and Crafts

It's been a busy weekend over in Fabulous West Hollywood - "The Creative City!!"

After 10 months of delays, excuses, and aborted attempts my roommate and I finally mounted my dartboard on our wall. This dartboard, a birthday present from my sisters, had been collecting dust in a corner since our Haunted Housewarming Party of last year. Regulars to TRA's apartment will be happy to hear that F. Murray Abraham has paid enough penance on the board, and is resting peacefully at the bottom of a large stack of newspapers.

HE KNOWS WHAT HE DID!!!

Anyway, we spent the weekend amassing supplies: cork, screws and other hanging accoutrements. Hung up the dartboard. AND we painted a spiffy chalkboard score...board.

In addition, I am painting a mural about the scoreboard. Something classy: two naked broads caressing our tallies. I'll post pictures as I work.

Yesterday I outlined the girls and filled in the lines with a sealant and then gesso. I sanded that down and bought the paints last night.

I'm about halfway through with the actual painting today. But I'm going to see Superman tonight, so I probably won't finish till' tomorrow. As soon as Blogger fixes its image posting software, I'm going to put up some pics of the work in progress. Enjoy!





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home