Monday, July 24, 2006

A Cry for Help

Oh, man. It's frackin' hot here.

Now, don't get me wrong. I grew up in the South. The Dirty South. The Deep South. So far south, in fact, that we consider Memphis Yankee country. I know heat. I know what it's like to watch a sno-cone (spearmint flavor) melt before your eyes. I'm talking about 110 degree, 98% humidity tropical hot.

HOWEVER...

That was many years ago. I've reconditioned myself since then to Southern California, where the air is dry and the temperature is usually a manageable 75 degrees. Maybe 80.


For the past week, we've been between 95 and 100 every day (with one brief afternoon respite). AND my apartment has no air conditioning. Can you imagine painting in that kind of stifling heat, on your knees on hardwood floors, doing detailed work? It's MURDER, I tells ya!

So here's my cry for help: I need friends who have air conditioning. I need them STAT, doctor. So, if you're out there reading this, and you have central air...or even a goddamn window unit...let me spend the night. Please? Just once?

Please?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Why did you move to California, and how long have you been there? ( I hope he doesn't think I'm rude for asking.)
I have central air AND a window unit...but it would probably be cheaper for you to buy a window unit than it would be to fly to Ky. :O)
I hope it cools down soon!

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you mean the crisp, clean, cool central air you left when you moved closer to West Hollywood City Hall? I'll consider letting you come over. But not right now: I'm bundled up in blankets...I can see my breath!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home