Saturday, August 12, 2006

An Ethical dilemma

So, if you've been following this blog lately - and I don't see why you haven't been, bitches, even without daily updates - you probably know I'm a little hard up for cash right now.

"HOW HARD UP ARE YOU?"

I'm so hard up I actually considered shopping at Jon's the other day. Not Von's. Jon's.

What's Jon's?

Jon's is the ripoff Von's. It's across the street from my local Ralph's grocery (AS SEEN IN THE BIG LEBOWSKI!! HOLLYWOOD IS GREAT!!!11!) And it's pretty terrible. The kind of place where raw chicken juice seeps from partially sealed packets into the aisles. The kind of place where the peaches aren't so much chosen from amongst each other, but scooped into a leakproof bag en masse, fruit flies and all. The kind of place that sells candy you've never heard of before.

Anyone feel like some DELICIOUS TAMARIND PULP SWEETIES!?!?!





Luckily, I came to my senses and decided not to go. But the fact that I even THOUGHT about shopping at Jon's is pretty telling of how poor I am.

Which brings us around to where I am now. An excellent friend of mine sent me some information that really piques my interest. It seems NPR is looking for a comedy writer for...well, for something. It doesn't say which show. And, not to toot my own horn, but I'd be pretty excellent. Nerdy NPR, news, and comedy. That's just about my entire life right now.

But it DOES request that applicants have 3 years writing experience and they would prefer experience on air. Which I don't have.

SO.

Do I fudge my resume? I mean, I DID write comedy for 3 years at school - not professionally by any means. And I do write now. And, sure, I've never been on radio, but I do have plenty of performance experience on stage.

America stands ready to vote. Let me know, people, if The Reluctant Angeleno should play that exciting game....

FUDGE....YOUR....RESUME!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

GO FOR IT! FUDGE IT!

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lies make baby Jesus cry. But you're Jewish...I think nails hurt more than lies. Go for it.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no question. However, you;re using the wrong word. You won't lie on your resume. It's called "embellishment."

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NPR needs you...go for it!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home