Thursday, August 17, 2006

Tickets

My friends who know me know that I've had a spate of bad luck recently. Between the whole "not having a job since May" thing, and the "getting kicked by a bum" thing, and the "otherwise fucked every which way from Sunday" thing, there seems to be a black cloud hanging over my head.

And it gets worse.

John Law is out to get me, and has been since April. In fact, I can pinpoint the exact date; nay, the exact TIME when the cloud burst and rain began ruining the suede jacket that is my life. April 13, 2006 at 9:48 PM. That's when I got my first ticket. Out of four. In 4 months.

It was stupid, really. My passenger headlight had burnt out a while back, and I had been meaning to get it fixed for a while. But then, on the 11th, a friend notified me that my DRIVER'S side headlight was gone, too. I was going to get them fixed on the 14th. HONEST! I had a day off from work, in which I was going to head to Pep Boys to pick up some lights. But on my way home from Target that night, I got pulled over by the Fuzz.

Fine.

Ticket number two was an actual moving violation. I was in West LA, heading to a friend's house to drop off some books I had borrowed. It was a last minute decision I had made on my way home from my cousins' place. I was traveling west on Idaho, and crossed Barrington...which is, apparently, illegal. And enough people do that to ensure that a cop camps out at the intersection day and night. Another $200.

I was getting annoyed.

Ticket three was AWFUL. I had decided to drive back to my hometown in Louisiana to see my family. It was going to be a full 2 days of driving, over 30 hours in total. But I was ready. I left LA at 5:45 AM to avoid traffic...and got pulled over at 6:10 AM at the county line. Where the speed limit suddenly changed. Yup. I got lured into a speed trap. I think this was my priciest ticket, but I can't be sure because I've had SO GODDAMN MANY.

Flames. On the side of my face.

My most recent was tonight. I wasn't even supposed to drive! I was going out with my roomate and another friend to scope out some bars for an event; an event, mind you, I might not even be going to! And I was suckered into driving them around Los Angeles. Ok. Great. Everything goes well, we find a great place. And then, as we head back home, I APPARENTLY run a stop sign where, again, traffic violations are so frequent that there's a permanent police garrison.

And my friends? The just laugh and laugh. They know how CURSED (two syllables) I've been, and yet they laugh.

*Sigh*

The cop was as nice as can be expected. See, you're supposed to get a California license 10 days after moving. Me? I still have my Louisiana license after living here for 3 years. He said he COULD take my car, but that he was going to let me off easy. So now I DEFINITELY have to get a CA license and register here, too.

I need money, but bad. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't even act like you're not going to a big gay party tomorrow night. What's that, Blogosphere? Gasps of surprise?

The Reluctant Angeleno wants to take you to a GAY bar, GAY bar...gaybarWOOO!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home